Posted on 15/11/2022
Best Practices for Choosing & Installing A Horizontal Baby Change Table
If you have a new baby at home, then you know that there are many products that you need to purchase. One of the most important is having a changing table set up. This is where you’ll change your baby’s clothes and diapers for the first years of their life, so you want one that will last and provide safety for your little one. Many people think that the cheaper changing tables are just as good as their more expensive counterparts; however, this isn’t always true. In this article, we’ll discuss some of the best practices when it comes to choosing and installing a changing table setup along with some accessories that you will surely need to go along with it.
Why Choose A Horizontal Baby Change Table
The main reason why you should choose a horizontal baby change table is that it’s more convenient, hygienic, and versatile as opposed to changing a baby a bed or any other surface at home.
- Convenient: When you have your baby on the changing table in front of you rather than below you, it makes their diaper changing easier to manage. You don’t have to crouch down, reach across or lift anything up or down; they’re right there in front of you! You’re less likely to say the same about other furniture in the house because they aren’t built with the height in mind specifically for this task.
- Hygienic: A horizontal baby change table keeps things clean by keeping the entire area covered during diaper changes. This helps prevent debris from falling onto your child when feeding or playing with them as well as stopping any unwanted germs from spreading around the room.
- Versatile: You can use this type of product for multiple purposes such as drying them off after bathtime, changing their clothes, cleaning them and putting on a fresh pair of diapers, and so on. Some nappy changing stations (depending on the model that you buy) also come with attached shelves and cabinets that you can use as storage for their things.
The best change tables will have a high weight capacity and sturdy construction. This is so that it can be used for multiple purposes without you having to worry about the product breaking down under the weight of your child or toys they might place on top.
What To Look For In A Wall-Mounted Baby Change Table
Wall-mounted, or fold-down, baby changing tables are more common in public facilities while homes typically have ones that are standalone. The type of baby changing table you choose depends on where you want to install it. Some homes may not have enough space and will opt for a wall-mounted option in that case.
There are a few things you need to consider when choosing a wall-mounted baby change table.
- Safety – This is the most important thing to look for in any kind of baby product; it should come with all relevant safety certifications and guarantees. The last thing you want is for a child to get hurt by a poorly made product.
- Durability – If you plan on using this as your primary changing station, then durability should be one of your top considerations before making an investment in one. A sturdy design will ensure that it lasts longer and looks good while doing so!
- Value For Money – A good value is something that everyone wants out of their purchases, especially when we’re talking about something like this which can get pretty pricey at times depending on how much money you want to spend on it (and whether or not there are discounts available).
How To Install a Wall-Mounted Changing Table
One benefit of standalone baby changing setups is that there is hardly any need for installation. The same can’t be said when you opt for a wall-mounted one. When installing your changing table on the wall, make sure that it is secure and sturdy. The weight of the changing table will be placed on the wall so it’s important to make sure that your surface can support its weight. You should also clean and dry your wall before you install it so there are no moisture issues with getting anything slippery when moving around with the baby in tow.
To make sure that everything lines up properly, use a spirit level to ensure that both legs are at 90 degrees from each other, and then mark where they need to be drilled into place using masking tape or painter’s tape (this will help prevent damage if you slip while drilling). When drilling holes into walls, use an electric drill as this ensures accuracy while making holes smaller than those made by hand tools which may cause damage over time due to repeated wear and tear during daily use.
What Accessories Can You Purchase For Your Changing Station?
- Diaper bins are a must-have accessory. They’re a convenient place to store dirty diapers and other baby-related items, such as wipes and creams.
- Changing mats are another essential piece of equipment that you can buy separately from your changing station. They provide a soft surface for your baby to lie on while you change their diaper.
- Changing table pad covers are yet another option for those who want extra protection from stains on the surface of their changing station or tabletop.
Once you’ve decided on either a standalone or wall-mounted baby changing table, it’s time to get installation underway. The best practices outlined in this article will help ensure that your change station is installed correctly and safely, so make sure to read through them carefully before getting started. Once everything is in place, you can rest assured that your little ones will be safe.